MEDICO-LEGAL REPORTS YOU CAN TRUST – EVERY TIME
What’s most important to you is what’s most important to us: clear, concise reports, giving you the information you need for a successful outcome. Interface has developed robust and comprehensive reports that far surpass accepted industry standards.
Our reports are succinct, with sound clinical reasoning supported by rock-solid evidence. You can be completely confident that the information you’re relying on is 100% accurate and thoroughly researched.
Timing, of course, is critical to your outcomes and we have the capacity and ability to deliver on or before deadline – every time. In fact, we’re so confident of timely documentation that at the time of referral, we ask you to nominate when you require our report, and we will deliver. Guaranteed! No ifs, no buts, no maybes. That’s one less thing for you to worry about.
DEPEND ON OUR EXPERT WITNESS TO SUPPORT YOUR CASE
Since 1996, our expert witness reports and evidence, for both defendants and plaintiffs, have gained us an enviable reputation for being thoroughly objective and “bulletproof.”
We confidently deliver strong, robust evidence in court, so you’ll know at the outset that you’re engaging an expert witness, rock solid under cross-examination.
Domestic Needs/Personal Care/Activities of Daily Living Assessment
This is our most requested service. We use it to determine the impact of an injury or incapacity on a person’s life. The ability or inability to perform Activities of Daily Living can be used as a very practical measure of ability/disability. Our assessment examines the things a claimant would normally do in daily living including self-care, domestic tasks, work, and leisure, considering their living environment and family support. We provide recommendations on the level and duration of assistance that is reasonable and necessary, as well as recommendations relating to equipment prescription and home modifications.
Detailed assessments and reports can be done for any form of incapacity in relation to a wide range of issues or circumstances. These include:
- Motor accidents
- Professional negligence
- Public liability
- Work-related injury or illness claims
- Immigration requirements
Our Occupational Therapy Experts meet with the claimant in their home to assess their Activities of Daily Living (ADL). The client may be asked to demonstrate how they undertake a range of tasks commonly performed in and around the home. A detailed account of the client’s pre-injury function will also be obtained.
In summary, the assessment identifies the client’s:
- Level of independence
- Pre-injury and post-injury capacity
- Ability to perform tasks
- Capacity to fulfil pre-injury roles
- Requirements for care and assistive aids, equipment or home modifications
The status of the client is assessed through:
- Observation of performance of selected activities
- Assessment of the environment (eg. home, work, school)
- Interview with the client (and carer/s where possible)
- Review of previous medical history and current medical opinion, including medical records and reports of health professionals
The report addresses the questions posed in the referral instructions and analysis of function in areas such as:
- Domestic duties
- Vocational ability, education and/or training needs
- Capacity to care for others (eg. dependents, children)
- Community access (eg. driving, transport, shopping, attending medical appointments and participating in community activities)
- Living skills (eg. ability to manage own affairs)
- Ability to engage in social activities
Consideration is also given to past and/or future requirements.
Recommendations may include:
- Future therapy, treatment and/or rehabilitation needs
- Assistive aids or equipment including type, cost, supply and maintenance
- Home modifications to enhance independence, mobility and access or alternative accommodation options
- Vehicle modifications and requirements, transport funding or licensing
- Care requirements including domestic assistance, attendant care, nursing care etc
OTHER SERVICES WE OFFER
Functional and Vocational Earning Capacity ASSESSMENT
Our Functional And Vocational Earning Capacity Assessment is used to analyse an individual’s current functional capacity, their skills and experience, and then establish vocational goals and outline potential job options. A comprehensive report outlining the injured worker’s vocational options, retraining needs and a detailed labour market analysis is provided.
A Pre-Liability Assessment involves an analysis of the circumstances surrounding an injury. The investigation comprises testing and interview of the claimant and interviews of other relevant parties and a comprehensive report.
This assessment determines a vocational goal and identifies a range of suitable employment options bearing in mind any loss of physical or psychological function. This is based on the person’s transferable skills, current abilities and interests, via an assessment of knowledge, skills and competencies, current work capacity and any restrictions for work.
LABOUR MARKET ANALYSIS
An analysis of current national, state, regional and local employment and occupation trends for specific occupations and employment characteristics. Generally done as part of a vocational assessment.
ECONOMIC LOSS ASSESSMENT
Our experts assess economic loss resulting from personal injury or impairment. This assessment consists of a vocational assessment, labour market analysis and a detailed investigation into the value of the identified work options in the current labour markets.